Category : Blog
7 Easy Steps to Being a Better Person
As I listen to DJ Kaleh’s “All I do is Win” (it is one of my rules, winning.) I ponder, how can I help people be better and celebrate wins in life too.
I know, I am a giver imparting this knowledge. I am even going to give you a secret at the end so read through.
- Laugh-big belly laughs-like Santa, or ‘till your sides hurt or even better ‘till you pee your pants! Laughter is medicine for the soul, often far better than a therapist.
- Take chances-Live life to the fullest. Do something different. Live like you were dying-that seems a bit extreme. But great song.
- Love unconditionally-Unconditional Love. Try it sometime. So much harder to do with people than you think. Anyone can love a cute puppy, but try a person. Even a person who may have done horrible things. I dare you. Love them unconditionally. Tell someone “There is nothing they could ever do that would make you stop loving them.” And MEAN it, then PROVE it.
Love- brings relief. Relief helps you go on, allow the light in and good things to happen. Relief helps you to feel again and feeling lets the love in. Love heals, repairs and energizes you. It is a circle.
- Forgive-It can be one of the hardest things to do in life. And it is connected to loving unconditionally. We have to forgive to truly be free. To free the baggage of our souls, and the wrongs done to us. Forgive. Fight, Protect, Defend and then when you need to, when the burden is too much to bear, forgive. When you can. When you are ready.
- Trust-You need to be able to trust in order to navigate life. Trust, love and faith go hand in hand. Trust helps you breathe. It gives you relief. Everyone needs at least one person to trust. No man is an island. About a Boy
- Faith- If you have faith, you can trust-ya? You have faith that things are going to turn out ok, or even great. Because you are trusting in God, or a power greater than yourself, or a cosmic energy.
- Dance-When all else fails, or you just don’t know what to do. Dance. Hopefully when no one is watching, unless you like clubbing. Either way just dance. It does a body good.
I think that sums it up nicely.
Here is a secret for teachers, leaders, captains of industry etc. Steps to imparting knowledge: Show Up, Get their Attention, Earn their Respect, then, they will Listen, and only then, you can Teach so they will Learn.